TRENTON, NJ — Fisk Avenue in Brielle is scheduled to be closed at the railroad crossing between Brielle Avenue and Perry Place from Thursday, June 1 to Friday, June 9. A temporary walkway will allow for pedestrian and cyclist traffic.
The existing railroad crossing will be removed and replaced with a new concrete crossing and asphalt approach in order to provide safer and smoother railroad crossing, according to the N.J. Department of Transportation (DOT).
The following detours, to be coordinated with the Brielle police, will be in place through June 9, unless the work is completed earlier:
West of the Fisk Avenue railroad crossing
- Motorists will be directed to make a left to travel south on Union Avenue.
- Make a left onto Union Lane.
- Make a left onto Green Avenue.
- Continue on Green Avenue to Fisk Avenue.
East of the Fisk Avenue railroad-crossing
- Motoristswill be directed to make a right to travel south on Green Avenue (before crossing the Glimmer Glass Bridge to Manasquan)
- Make a right onto Union Lane.
- Make a right onto Union Avenue.
- Continue on Union Avenue to Fisk Avenue.
This federally funded project is part of DOT’s railroad grade-crossing safety program, under which about 30 railroad crossings are repaired or replaced annually throughout the state.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check DOT’s traffic information website — www.511nj.org — for real-time travel information and for DOT news, follow Twitter @NJDOT_info.