BELMAR/LAKE COMO, NJ — The first day of daylight saving time brought with it spectacular sunset views in Belmar and Lake Como, seen by many who took advantage of that extra hour of sunlight.
Photographer Paul Spennrath was out and about on March 11 at about 7 p.m., capturing scenes for TAPinto Belmar/Lake Como’s “In the Snap-Light” feature.
Pictured in the collage, starting clockwise from bottom left:
- Silver Lake from Ocean Avenue, looking west
- The Shark River Inlet from the Ocean Avenue bridge, looking west.
- Lake Como, with its resident flock of water fowl, looking south toward Spring Lake.
- The footbridge of Inlet Terrace.
- A cruise ship heading south, as seen from the Ocean Avenue bridge — where many would like to be as the third nor’easter in 10 days is expected to cover coastal Monmouth County with up to 3 inches of snow by tomorrow morning, March 13.
Editor’s Note: When photos tell a story, “In the Snap-Light” will shine the spotlight on projects, events or activities in Belmar and Lake Como, including those that are featured on Belmar’s Instagram page at boroughofbelmar.
If you have photos you'd like to be considered for this regular feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAPinto Belmar/Lake Como is Belmar and Lake Como’s only free daily newspaper. Accredited by the New Jersey Press Association, it is the official electronic newspaper of both municipalities. As a locally owned news organization, TAPinto through its advertisers is able to publish online, objective news 24/7 at no charge. Sign up for its free daily e-News, and follow it on Facebook and Twitter.