BELMAR/LAKE COMO, NJ — With mail-in voting to conclude today for the 2020 primary election, ballots must be returned in either of the following ways:
- Through the U.S. Postal Service mail, postmarked by today, July 7.
- Deposited by 8 p.m. in secure drop boxes at one of five locations in Monmouth County — Englishtown, Howell, Neptune, Eatontown and Hazlet by 8 p.m. (see below for specific addresses).
- Hand-delivered by 8 p.m. to the County Board of Elections at 300 Halls Mill Road in Freehold. If delivered in-person, the voter or the bearer must present identification when surrendering the ballot.
In addition, polling places will be open in Belmar and Lake Como from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., where only provisional paper ballots will be available to cast votes, except for disabled voters who will be permitted to vote on a machine.
In Belmar, polling places for all five voting districts will be situated in the gymnasium at the Belmar Municipal Building, 601 Main Street.
In Lake Como’s, all voting will take place in the municipal chambers at Borough Hall, 1740 Main Street.
On April 8, Gov. Phil Murphy signed an executive order that postponed the June 2 primary to July 7 and set in motion major changes in the voting process due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Sample ballots were not mailed to voters for the 2020 primary election, but the County Clerk’s Office has made the sample ballots available online at MonmouthCountyVotes.com and on the Monmouth County Votes mobile app.
- Click here for sample Democratic and Republican ballots for Belmar’s primary election.
- Click here for sample Democratic and Republican ballots for Lake Como’s primary election.
Some voters mailed their vote-by-mail application to the Monmouth County Clerk’s Office after the state-mandated deadline of June 30. Any application received by mail after the deadline was not processed and therefore, these voters did not receive a mail-in ballot by mail.
However, voters who did not received a mail-in ballot can still apply for and receive a mail-in ballot in person by visiting the Monmouth County Clerk’s Election Office at 300 Halls Mill Road in Freehold today up until 8 p.m. They can also go to their primary election polling place today and vote via provisional paper ballot.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Visit MonmouthCountyVotes.com or download the free Monmouth County Votes mobile app in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
- Track your mail in ballot through the N.J. Division of Elections, click here.
- Voters with questions should contact the County Clerk’s Election Office by phone to 732-431-7790 or email at ClerkofElections@co.monmouth.nj.us.
TAPinto Belmar/Lake Como is Belmar and Lake Como’s only free daily newspaper. Accredited by the New Jersey Press Association, it is the official electronic newspaper of both municipalities. As a locally owned news organization, TAPinto through its advertisers is able to publish online, objective news 24/7 at no charge. Sign up for its free daily e-News, and follow it on Facebook and Twitter.