BELMAR, NJ — Belmar Public Library has opened its virtual doors even wider, adding to its collection of online resources available ’round-the-clock for easy digital access.
While the library itself is closed during the coronavirus crisis, here is a rundown of what’s available at its ever-growing 24/7 Virtual Library:
- New Jersey State Library Partnership offers research and reference resources that span a variety of disciplines and areas of study. It boasts myriad databases of academic, business, military/government publications, educational and environmental journals, image collections and general reference publications. Specific reference centers offer legal information, literary works, peered-review materials for teachers and essays with contrasting views on current issues. Several searchable databases contain full texts of more than 200 popular elementary and middle school magazines. There also are databases of reading recommendations for adults and children looking for their next novel.
- Ebsco LearningExpress Library is a service of the New Jersey State Library that is organized into target learning centers to improve core skills, pass the GED, prepare for college, find a job, join the military, become a U.S. citizen and much more.
- Flipster is an easy-to-use digital newsstand where best-selling periodicals are accessible by computer, tablet or mobile phone.
- Freeding offers tens of thousands of e-books that are available anytime without the need for downloading.
- Freegal Music is an ad-free music downloading service available at no charge, featuring access to more than 1 million albums consisting of some 15 million songs from over 200 genres.
- Graphic Novels and Comic E-Books, with links to 4,000 such publications, is part of a New Jersey State Library partnership with Biblioboard.
- Hoopla offers access to movies, music, audiobooks, e-books, comics and TV shows for viewing on computers, tablets, phones or TVs.
- Medici.tv is the world’s leader for online classical music, opera and ballet through a wide assortment of video concerts, performances, documentaries and master classes.
- Overdrive-eLibraryNJ is a downloadable digital media collection provided by libraries in central New Jersey.
- Rosetta Stone teaches online students to learn a new language.
- The New York Times offers 72-hour access to its newspaper.
Click here to get connected with the Belmar Public Library’s 24-7 Virtual Library, available to library cardholders.
For more information, including how to become a cardholder, call 732-681-0775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
During its closure due to COVID-19, Belmar Public Library also offers contactless, curbside pickup of books, audiobooks and DVDs, as well as printing, copying and faxing services, through its E-Street Pickup. To learn more, click here.
TAPinto Belmar/Lake Como offers its marketing partners targeted advertising, content marketing, email marketing and sponsorship opportunities to help them brand their products or services, and improve their bottom line. Our advertisers enable us to continue to provide you with local online news for free. To learn how you can promote your business to our readers, email email@example.com to request more information about business marketing opportunities.