BELMAR/LAKE COMO, NJ — There will be a host of road closures tomorrow morning, July 13, to make way for the Belmar Five Mile Run along Ocean Avenue.
According to the Belmar Police Department, the following Belmar, Lake Como and Spring Lake streets will be closed to traffic starting at about 7:45 a.m. until the race has finished at about 11 a.m.:
- Ocean Avenue (entire length)
- Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth and Ninth Avenues from Ocean Avenue to Main Street
- Ocean Avenue to B Street on 10th Avenue
- Ocean Avenue to A Street from 11th through 20th Avenue
- 19th Avenue and B Street South
- 19th Avenue and Snyder Avenue South
- 18th Avenue and Parkway South
- 18th Avenue and Fernwood Road South
- North Boulevard (entire length)
- Main Street at 22nd Avenue South
- South Boulevard in Spring Lake
In addition, parking will be prohibited on Ocean Avenue beginning at 1 a.m. to noon.
Residents and visitors are asked to be mindful of the street closings while the runners are on the course and cooperate with public safety officials and race volunteers who will be stationed along the route. The streets will reopen as soon as the runners pass.
TAPinto Belmar/Lake Como is Belmar and Lake Como’s only free daily newspaper. Accredited by the New Jersey Press Association, it is the official electronic newspaper of both municipalities. As a locally owned news organization, TAPinto through its advertisers is able to publish online, objective news 24/7 at no charge. Sign up for its free daily e-News, and follow it on Facebook and Twitter.