BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Coming from the Young Adult section of the library of the new municipal complex, this week’s update includes carpeting in the library complete, lighting has been installed, decorative overhead lights were installed in the children’s room and crews are doing final painting and other finishing work in this space. Outside, site work crews will be paving the South parking lot in front of the building by the end of the upcoming week. The plaza area, which consists of the front entrance area and flagpoles, is almost complete. Vanities are going in in the bathrooms, which are almost all complete. Carpenter crews are finally sheetrocking the basement; the Township wanted to be 100% sure no water was coming into the basement before allowing much drywall to be installed, so neither the sheetrock or insulation behind it would get moldy. With the developer still waiting for permanent exterior doors to be delivered and installed – despite the Township pushing for months on end to get doors on and the building 100% enclosed - water was also coming in on occasion through the door openings.
Meanwhile, the cabling installation is finishing in the data-heavy police wing of the building, installation of ceiling tile is nearing completion on the upper floors, painters continue working, and the roof shingles should be finished by this Tuesday.
For the week ending September 18, 2020 at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site, the following took place:
- EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 49 workers.
- Force Concrete formed and poured the load bank pads, began installation of cast stone at the vestibule, and cut in hose bibs.
- Pole Tech set the flagpoles and installed the solar lights.
- EUC backfilled, graded, and began proof rolling to prep for paving the south parking lot next week. EUC also installed light pole bases and removed the south perimeter fence, installed temporary protection, and prepared for new fence installation.
- Top Line Paving continued curbs and sidewalks on the south side, and installed the plaza pavers.
- Industrial Cooling Corporation continued installation of controls and HVAC diffusers, and programmed and started up the rooftop units.
- Epic Interiors placed drywall and insulation in the basement, taped and spackled, prepped for Lower Level ceiling grid, closed hard ceilings and soffits on the 1st floor, and began installation of 1st floor ceiling tile.
- Mehl Electric installed light fixtures, pulled electrical cabling for the floor boxes, began elevator shaft electrical, performed fire panel terminations, and placed underground conduit to the load bank pads.
- All Ply Roofing began placement of the ridge caps.
- Eighteen Glass installed storefronts and glass at the Police Department exercise room.
- Artisans Showcase of Tile mounted floor and wall tile in the Lower Level rest rooms.
- Fine Painting continued painting on the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Epic Millwork installed rest room countertops, the Library Circulation Desk, and miscellaneous 2nd floor millwork.
- All American Surfaces continued installation of carpeting and vinyl base on the 2nd floor.
- AGP Plumbing tied in the domestic water service and installed the Fire Department Siamese connection.
- FireBarr patched fireproofing on the Lower Level.
- Waterproofing Systems Northeast performed interior and exterior caulking.
- Net Q substantially completed teledata cabling on the 1st floor and prepared for inspection.