BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - The Berkeley Heights PBA Local #144, the union for our Berkeley Heights Police Department, is sponsoring its annual Trunk or Treat this Saturday, Oct. 24, from 12-2 p.m. at a NEW LOCATION: Connell Park - near The Grove and 100 Connell.
This new location gives residents much more space to park and decorate their cars for this fantastic event for our kids. So come, decorate your trunk and have your little ones enjoy some trick or treating in a safe space! This event is a hit year after year for Berkeley Heights, as it gives children a safe space to trick or treat in, during daylight hours. Plus, it’s fun for the whole family as they decorate trunks together.
Social distancing protocols will be in place, such as:
- Keeping one empty parking spot between each vehicle
- All trunk or treaters will have to visit cars while walking in the same direction, following arrows on the ground
- Masks must be worn by everyone, except for children under the age of 2, per CDC guidelines
- Crowds at each car will be discouraged
- Parents are encouraged to have their children frequently use hand sanitizer
- Participants are encouraged to spread out candy in their trunk for children to take, instead of having their hands dig into a bowl.
Despite the COVID19 global health pandemic, the Berkeley Heights PBA Local 144 was committed to organizing this event again this year for our community’s kids, with the proper precautions. “We’re excited to sponsor this event that is a community favorite,” said PBA President Frank Mea. “This year, more than ever, it was important for us to ensure we pulled this off for our kids.”
In addition, the Grain and Cane Gastro Truck will be onsite with their signature food truck menu.