BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Berkeley Heights is offering to reimburse homeowners for disconnecting downspouts from the street and building rain gardens to capture stormwater runoff.
The benefits of a rain garden include:
- Reducing stormwater runoff from impermeable surfaces, such as driveways and roofs
- Reducing erosion of stream banks from peak periods of stormwater runoff.
- Capturing fine particles from stormwater runoff and thus reducing sedimentation in streams and lakes.
- Helping sustain aquifers through deep water recharge
- Removing pollutants from water via absorption and metabolism by plants
- Creating habitats for beneficial insects and birds.
Learn how you can do your part to reduce flooding from stormwater. Come to the meeting at the Berkeley Heights Public Library on April 7 at 6:30 pm. RSVP to wsa.wma6@MorrisParks.net or 973-635-6629