BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Both the Governor Livingston Boys and Girls Track teams found themselves in second place in the Mountain Division after the first day of competition in the Union County Conference Championships on Friday. The boys are five points behind leader Union Catholic and five points ahead of third place Rahway. Union Catholic also leads the GL girls 86.75 to 47.75. The event was held at Governor Livingston High School on Friday, May 12, 2017.
The boys were led by Andrew Aguilera, who won the 100m dash in 10.90 and the 400 hurdles in 54.96, and Kilian Quinn and Jon Longo, who went 1 and 2 in the high jump, both clearing 6-0. The girls were paced by Victoria Vanriele, who won the 1600m in 5:05.82, and Leah and Lauren Saifi, who took first and second place in the pole vault, at 11-06 and 10-0 respectively.
Both Aguilera and Vanriele ran personal bests and set school records – Aguilera in the 100m and Vanriele in the 1600m.
Other point scoring performances included:
- Second place – Alexa Salida in the javelin at 97-07
- Third place – Brian Gray in the javelin at 143-00 and Nicole Massa, also in the javelin, at 97-05.
- Fourth place – Hanna Nordstorm tied for fourth in the pole vault at 8-0 and Tom Jakositz in the discus at 127-08
- Fifth place – Maddie Forrester in the javelin at 84-06, Logan Calichman in the 1600m at 4:39.17, and Amanda Johnson, also in the 1600m, at 5:32.77.
- Sixth place – Michael Zacieracha in the 1600m at 4:40.20 and Justin Ladzinski in the 400m hurdles at 1:00.57
The second day of the meet will take place on Monday, May 15, at Governor Livingston High School, beginning at 3:30 pm.