Once you’ve found the perfect person, the next step to getting engaged is finding the perfect ring. Before you can even think about the “four C’s of diamonds,” which are cut, color, clarity, and carats, you have to first find a reputable jeweler who can help guide you through one of the most extensive, and often expensive, purchases of your life.
Picking a jeweler, however, need not be a difficult or confusing task. The NY/NJ metro area is brimming with jewelry retailers. Braunschweiger Jewelers in Morristown and New Providence, NJ offers the following tips to find the store that is right for you. Simply remember your R’s and S’s:
1. Research. Check out the store’s website, facebook page, and/or twitter feed. Find out if they cater to brides and grooms-to-be and if they have any upcoming promotions. Many reputable jewelers even offer bridal consultants and have special events. Contact the store to find out what bridal services are available.
2. Reputation. New York and New Jersey have some of the best jewelers around. Talk to family, friends, and co-workers to find out where they purchased rings and what the experience was like for them. Check reviews online or with the Better Business Bureau to make sure you choose a qualified retailer.
3. Ratings. Diamonds one carat or larger should come with diamond-grading reports issued by independent gemological associations such as the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) or the American Gem Society (AGS). Professional jewelers know this and will insist you receive grading information.
4. Service. Choose a jeweler who will not only help you find a ring, but will also help maintain the ring’s value in the future. For example, some jewelers will also include maintenance in the purchase price, including yearly cleanings, prong adjustments, and necessary upkeep.
5. Staff. Rings come in different styles, shapes, and sizes. Good salespeople will be able to help you find a suitable ring for your fiancé based on both her lifestyle and her personal style. They will be able to teach you about the variety of different metals, stone shapes, colors, etc. so you will be able to make an informed decision about which ring is right for your future wife.
6. Selection. The best jewelers offer vast collections of rings from which to choose, including estate jewelry, antique rings, and contemporary pieces. Some will even work with you to design and create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. But no matter what you choose, they will be with you every step of the way to ensure the process is relaxed and rewarding.
For more information, visit www.Braunschweiger.com
About Braunschweiger Jewelers
Braunschweiger Jewelers is well-known for personally selecting styles with modern yet timeless design, impeccable use of exquisite colored gemstones and diamonds, and distinctive details. Our elite collections cater to an in-the-know clientele that seeks renowned designers like Marco Bicego and John Hardy, premier bridal selections and unique estate pieces. Our philosophy is to offer the highest quality and superior craftsmanship while staying up-to-date with the newest trends. Braunschweiger Jewelers has been providing unparalleled service and selection since the 1930s. We are regularly featured in top magazines and have received “Best of” awards from NJ Bride (2012), NJ Monthly (2011-12), and The Daily Record (2010-11). For information and store locations, visit www.braunschweiger.com.