BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Residents of Berkeley Heights and neighboring towns are invited to attend the initial information meeting about "Friends of 6259" at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1, at 15 Locust Ave., Berkeley Heights.
The group, which has yet to be formed, will provide assistance to the local VFW Post 6259 in many areas, including:
* Programs and activities for Veterans
* Support services for Veterans and their families
* Outreach, aid, and comfort programs to Veterans and those living in Veteran Homes and Facilities
* Maintaining and improving the physical plant and equipment of the VFW Post 6259 building and grounds
* Assist with annual expenses of operating VFW Post 6259.
Learn more about the proposed "Friends of 6259" here.
For additional information and ways to support Veterans, contact Stephen Falk, Post 6259 Adjutant at 908-665-6896. Those wishing to make a tax deductible contribution may make checks payable to VFW Post 6259 and send them to: VFW Post 6259, P.O. Box 83, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922. (Write "Friends of 6259" in the memo section).