TAPinto Berkeley Heights asked each Republican Primary candidate for Berkeley Heights Township Council to list their previous Organized Volunteer work in Berkeley Heights, ie Government Organizations and Committees, School, Recreation, Sports, any other.
- Has served as Council President and currently Vice President
- Community and school volunteer leader: served as both Governor Livingston and Hughes P.T.O. Treasurer and chaired several P.T.O. committees; 12 year volunteer at Children’s Specialized Hospital
- Founded the volunteer advisory Downtown Beautification Committee (DBC) to assist in revitalizing downtown Berkeley Heights by creating a pedestrian friendly, small- town feel; recommended new standards for lighting and sidewalks, raised funds for new seasonal banners and installed the town clock without taxpayer expense; partnered with the Suburban Chamber of Commerce and local businesses, to which support a Street Fair and Annual Winter Walk
- Serves on the Communications Committee, introduced live-streamed Council meetings, a new town website and Facebook page
- Serves on the Planning Board enforcing standards and regulations for new construction
- Spearheaded fiscally responsible procedures including zero based budgeting, capital budgeting for road repair and long term needs, obtained new grant funding for parks and recreational projects; expanded Public/Private Partnerships with business and non-profit organizations
- Enhanced relationships with volunteer organizations including, the Rescue Squad, Fire Department, and Community organizations
- Expanded collaborative relationships with the Board of Education to reduce costs through shared services, improved playing fields and launched a joint effort to obtain state funding under the Safe Routes to Schools program
Editor's Note: The opinions expressed in the answer are the candidate's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the candidate.