BRIDGEWATER, NJ - Zoned Sports Academy, in Bridgewater, held its fourth annual Signing Day for all graduating seniors heading into their freshman year of college next fall.
The signing day allowed student athletes to “sign” to their college and celebrate their accomplishments.
Each student athlete was called up individually, and signed a certificate of excellence before receiving recognition for all their hard work throughout the years.
According to a release, Zoned had 34 student athletes committing to play baseball and softball at the collegiate level, with 31 of them attending Signing Day.
Also attending the event were Bridgewater Mayor Dan Hayes and former NFL star Lonnie Allgood, founder of Dreams for Kids.
“It is our ultimate goal to see our kids play collegiately, and we take pride in seeing so many of our student athletes enter the next chapter in their academic and athletic careers,” Zoned owner Duke Baxter said in the release. “Some of these kids have trained with us for over 10 years, and we are so proud to see them move on.”
Signing this year from Gov. Livingston were:
- DJ Gonnelli, of Governor Livingston – Montclair State University
- Will Jennings, Governor Livingston – Iona
- Tyler McCulloch, of Governor Livingston – Iona
- Ryan Monroy, of Governor Livingston – Susquehanna
- Danny Serretti, of Governor Livingston – University of North Carolina