MOUNTAINSIDE, NJ - Governor Livingston High School’s Guitar Club took their gig on the road on Monday at Famous Dave's in Mountainside for their annual "Road Trip Coffee House" event.
Bob Segear, GLHS Guitar Club advisor, has been coordinating this event over the past few years as an opportunity for the students to "branch out a little bit." The GLHS Guitar club is drug and alcohol free -- a positive alternative activity that promotes natural highs.
Student and Staff performers include:
- Andrew DelDuca
- Where Do My Bluebird Fly by Tallest Man on Earth
- Those Days Are Gone & My Heart is Breaking
- Beauty by Tim Minchin
- Olivia McKeon
- Coloring by Kevin Garrett
- Trevor Rittman
- Layla by Eric Clapton
- Wind Cries Mary by Jimmy Hendrix Experience
- Jack Sullivan
- Cleopatra by Lumineers
- Two Original songs
- Sean Hannaford
- Where is My Mind by The Dixies
- Bob Segear
- Relax It’s Only Life by Dave Ippolitto
- My Babe by Willie Dixon
- Bob Segear, Ed Helmstetter & Bud Ayres
- Take It Easy by The Eagles
- Rebecca Siebelts
- Am I the Only One by The Dixie Chicks
- Trouble by Taylor Swift
- Let Him Fly by The Dixie Chicks
- On Core Performances by Olivia McKeon, Trevor Rittman & Jack Sullivan, Steve (Debut) & Rebecca Siebelts
The Gov. Livingston Guitar Club has been meeting once per week for the past five plus years. During the weekly meetings, club members have the chance to meet other students with similar musical interests and develop new friendships. Since its start, the club has grown in popularity. With the assistance of funding by the Berkeley Heights Education Foundation, the club has purchased additional musical equipment and expanded the program to take the Coffee House on "The Road."
To get more information on the GLHS Guitar Club contact Bob Segear by calling (908)464-3100 ext. 2713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.