MADISON, NJ - The Gov. Livingston Highlander Track and Field team had a successful season opener at the Dodgertown-Madison Relays at Madison High School on Saturday, April 8. The GL boys won three events, had four top individual marks, and placed third overall as a team. The GL Girls also won three events, had one top individual mark, and placed fourth overall as a team.
First place finishes included:
- The Boys 4 x 200 Relay: Andrew Aguilera, Tommy Greenwald, Jakada Khalfani, and Doug Ladzinski, in 1:35.2.
- The Boys Long Jump Relay: Andrew Aguilera, who placed first in his first long jump competition with a jump of 21-00.75, and Kilian Quinn, who placed second with a personal best jump of 21-00. Their total of 42-00.75 was two feet greater than the second place team.In addition, Kilian achieved the top mark in the High Jump Relay at 5-10 and in the Triple Jump Relay at 40-03.00.
- The Boys 4 x 400 Relay:Andrew Aguilera, Zach Goldman, Doug Ladzinski, and Kilian Quinn in a time of 3:33.01.
- The Girls Distance Medley Relay: Amanda Johnson, Danielle Petryk, Cristal Vilasoa, and Victoria Vanriele in 13:08.22.
- The Girls Pole Vault Relay:Leah Saifi, who had the meet’s highest vault at 11-00, and Lauren Saifi who vaulted 10-00, for a total of 21-00.
- The Girls 4 x400 Relay:Caitlin Colendenski, Danielle Petryk, Cristal Vilasoa, and Victoria Vanriele in 4:12.06
Other medal winning relays were:
- 2nd Place – Boys 4 x 110m Hurdles: Andrew Aguilera, Alex Janiak, Doug Ladzinski, and Cooper Mendonssa in 1:06.37.
- 3rd Place – Boys Triple Jump Relay: Kilian Quinn and Brendan Wojtczak at 75-04.80.
- 3rd Place – Girls Javelin Relay: Madelyn Forrester and Nicole Massa at 171-00.
- 4th Place – Boys Distance Medley Relay: Logan Calichman, Zach Goldman, Evan Reiner, and Mike Zacieracha at 11:31.21.
- 4th Place – Girls Shot Put Relay:Lauren Boyd and Nicole Massa at 59-01.
- 4th Place – Girls 4 x 100m Hurdles: Alexandra Cassu, Isabelle Collins, Madelyn Forrester, and Zara Wanca in 1:17.12.
- 5th Place – Boys High Jump Relay: Kilian Quinn and Evan Reiner at 10-08.
- 6th Place – Boys 4 x 800 Relay:Alexander Frolov, Matt McKenna, Lorenzo Pagdanganan, and Nick Zambrotta in 9:08.49.
- 6th Place – Girls High Jump Relay: Sara Kelly and Lauren Zyska at 8-08.00.
The JV Girls Distance Medley Relay (Ava Delargy, Evelyn Doskoch, Rachel Mustacchi, and Pascal Youssef) placed first in a time of 14:35.27. The JV Boys Shot Put Relay (Michael Kerr and Jake Zomper) placed 6th.
The Highlanders will compete next at the Blue Devil Invitational in Westfield on April 22.