WESTFIELD, NJ - The Gov. Livingston boys and girls track team competed in the Blue Devil Classic at Kehler Stadium in Westfield on Saturday, April 22. The intermittent rain didn’t dampen the team’s spirits or results. There were three first place finishes and two meet best performances.
Leah and Lauren Saifi placed first in the Girls Pole Vault Relay. Leah had the meet’s top vault at 11-6. Lauren vaulted 10-0 for a combined relay score of 21-6.
Andrew Aguilera, Doug Ladzinski, and Justin Ladzinski won the Boys 3 X 400 M Hurdle Relay. Aguilera’s meet best time of 54.75 is a new personal best and the third best time in New Jersey this season. Doug Ladzinski had the third best time in the meet at 57.16 and Justin Ladzinski ran 1.02.
The Girls Sprint Medley Relay consisting of Caitlin Colendenski (200m), Leah Saifi (200m), Danielle Petryk (400m), and Victoria Vanriele (800m) placed first in a time of 4:14.69. Vanriele ran the anchor leg in 2:16 (hand timed).
Other meet highlights include:
- A second place finish for the Boys High Jump Relay of Kilian Quinn (6-0) and Darren DelDuca (5-4). Quinn had the second best jump of the meet.
- A third place finish for the Girls Shot Put Relay of Lauren Boyd (35-11.5) and Alexa Salida (28-09.5) and the Girls Javelin Relay of Alexa Salida (100-02) and Nicole Massa (87-07).
- There were three fourth place finishes: the Girls 4x100m Shuttle Hurdle Relay (Alexandra Cassu, Maddy Forrester, Isabelle Collins, Amanda Quinn), the Girls High Jump Relay (Sara Kelly and Jessica Ripperger), and the Boys 4x110m Shuttle Hurdle Relay (Andrew Aguilera, Doug Ladzinski, Tim Branthover, and Alexander Janiak).
- A fifth place finish for the Boys Triple Jump Relay of Kilian Quinn (40-10) and Brendan Wojtczak (36-09).
- The the Girls 4x400m Relay(Caitlin Colendenski, Katie Quinn, Caroline Peer, and Cristal Vilasoa) placed sixth.
The Highlanders will compete next on Saturday, April 29, at the Paul H. Beck Memorial Relays in Millburn.