We are always trying to find more ways to communicate with the community. Some of the feedback we received from our residents this weekend is that they would like a variety of channels to get information about the municipal complex that is currently under construction. I will provide information through TapInto in my Mayor’s Corner on a regular basis in a column called “Mayor’s Corner- Municipal Complex Edition” and the date. Information is also posted on the Township Facebook and the Township website-- https://www.berkeleyheights.gov/Archive.aspx?AMID=45
Here’s what went on this week!
Mayor Angie Devanney
For the week ending October 18, 2019 at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site, the following took place:
- EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 39 workers.
- Kenvil United Corp. performed bolting, decking, and welding in the east sector.
- EUC backfilled and compacted along the foundation perimeter on the north and west sides, moved the asphalt millings pile to make way for the detention basin, and performed access road and soil stockpile cleanup.
- Force Concrete installed wire mesh and performed pour set up in the center sector, closed up the Stair #5 landing form work, and poured 193 yards of concrete for the center sector slabs on deck on the 1st and 2nd floors. Force’s masons continued interior and exterior block work in the west sector on the 1st floor, and interior block work in the basement.
- Mehl Electric continued installing temporary power and lighting in the center sector, installed electrical boxes and conduit in the masonry, performed layout and prep for the electrical rough-ins, and placed electrical conduit in the basement, including the ATS conduit for the elevator.
- Industrial Cooling Corporation performed layout in the basement and on the 1st floor and continued installing hangars in the basement.
- AGP Plumbing core drilled for sanitary lines and installed domestic and sanitary piping in the basement.
- Epic Interiors performed framing layout, installed top and bottom track on the 1st and 2nd floors, and began interior framing in the basement and exterior framing on the 1st floor.
- Waterproofing Systems Northeast applied rigid insulation board to the exterior foundation walls on the north and west sides of the building.
Click here for progress photos from this week.