Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
The question I receive most frequently, “is work still going on at the Municipal Complex?” The answer is a resounding, YES! The majority of the construction has and will be on the interior until the weather warms. Additionally, there has been a great deal of information published about the municipal complex in the last few days. If you have not had a chance to read the latest financial update and debt analysis information is posted below:
- Narrative & Description: click below
- Municipal Complex Debt: click below
- Average Tax Impact: click below
Construction updates at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site are below. I look forward to our next update.
All the best,
Mayor Angie Devanney
BHMC- Week Ending February 14, 2020
• EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 37 workers.
• Force Concrete patched exposed walls on the Lower Level, and installed CMU block at the roof line between the West and Center sectors, at the demising wall between the Center and East sectors, and at the Second Floor elevator shaft.
• Mehl Electric continued pulling cabling, performed rough-ins at the door frames, installed lighting wiring on the First Floor, and began fire alarm wiring, transformer grounding, and layout at the generator pads.
• Industrial Cooling Corporation resumed duct work installation on the First Floor, piped to the VAV’s on the Lower Level, and installed duct risers behind Stair #3.
• Epic Interiors framed around door openings, continued with interior framing on the Second Floor in the Clerk’s area, framed soffits, and began installation of the mechanical screen louvers on the north side of the West sector.
• AGP Plumbing welded and placed gas lines to the Boiler Room, and installed piping to the tankless water heater on the Lower Level.
BUDGET TO DATE, 2-19-2020:
- Total budgeted Project Cost $ 32,000,000.00
- Funds paid to date: $ 14,128,879.93
- Funds encumbered (or set aside) $ 15,535,889.89
- (This amount covers the latest resolution, R328-2019 passed on Dec 3, 2019, extending services for professionals through May 2020.)
- · Available funds to date: $2,335,230.18
- *Source: Township Chief Financial Municipal Officer/Qualified Purchasing Agent