Another great week of progress was made in the construction of our new municipal complex. The building will house our administration offices, recreation space, library, police station and space for our seniors. On Tuesday at our next Council meeting, we will discuss placing solar canopies in the commuter parking lot that will save approximately $25,000 in year one and about $1.5 million in utility costs over the life of the project. The canopies will also help to protect cars against snow, rain and sun. For the week ending October 25, 2019 at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site, please read on to learn about this week’s progress.
All the best,
Mayor Angie Devanney
- EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 36 workers.
- Kenvil United Corp. continued steel backup in the east sector, including bolting and deck welding.
- EUC excavated, placed stone bedding, and installed Manhole #4 and the connected storm piping on the western edge of the site near the DPW yard, and then backfilled and compacted. EUC also performed site and soil stockpile maintenance.
- Force Concrete completed the form work and rebar, and then poured 78 yards of concrete for the Stair #5 landing on the north side of the building and mezzanine roof decking in the center sector. Force also installed decking pour stops in the eastern sector to prepare for the slabs on deck and continued with CMU block work along Line A on the west side of the building, Stair #1 in the west sector, and beginning at Line G/H in the center sector.
- Mehl Electric continued installing temporary power and lighting throughout the building, including the east sector. Mehl also performed layout in the basement and installed electrical boxes and conduit in the masonry.
- Industrial Cooling Corporation performed layout in the basement and on the 1st floor, continued installing hangars in the basement, and received their trailer delivery on site.
- AGP Plumbing core drilled for sanitary lines and installed domestic and sanitary piping in the basement.
- Epic Interiors placed exterior metal framing on the north and south sides of the west sector, removed the foundation shores in the center sector and began interior framing in that area, and performed 1st and 2nd floor layout in the center sector.