Start with 20 participating establishments ranging from fine dining to delis to dessert places. Add liquor store specials and the availability of evening babysitting service every night. Now, you have everything you need to craft your ideal experiences during the third annual Restaurant Weekin Berkeley Heights. Make your reservations now!
It’s easy to plan your week at the restaurants page of the Restaurant Week website, where you can view special breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus and pricing. Use filters to sort by categories including take-out, wine & liquor service, BYOB, and vegan options.
Christin Babic, who has several young children, said, “I’m especially excited that My Little Party Place is providing reasonably priced babysitting service every night of Restaurant Week. That means a date night for my husband and me—maybe even two!”
Lindy Grimes, a Berkeley Heights resident who has participated in Restaurant Week in previous years, said, “Berkeley Heights Restaurant Week has become a favorite tradition in my family. My kids are older now, so it’s all about breakfast and lunch for me this year. I’m looking forward to getting together with several groups of friends. It’s great to re-connect after the summer, now that everyone’s back in town.”
Back this year is the Passport contest, which adds a bit of delicious competition to mealtime. Every time you visit a participating establishment during Restaurant Week, you’ll get a stamp on your Passport. The entry with the most stamps will receive a $100 gift card, along with bragging rights. The more places you visit, the better your chance to win. Two other entries chosen at random will each receive a $50 gift card. Check out the details and download your Passport at ExperienceBH.com. You can also pick up passports at any participating establishment.
Follow along with the fun all week on Instagram (@experience_berkeley_heights) and Facebook @ExperienceBerkeleyHeights. Post your own photos to the Berkeley Heights Community Forum and use the hashtag #experienceberkeleyheights.
Berkeley Heights Downtown Beautification Committee organizes this annual event in collaboration with these local participating establishments. The websitehas details on specials, and menus and links to restaurant websites. Here’s a quick look at what each establishment is offering:
· Charkoal Portuguese Grill: Breakfast sandwich + small coffee for $3.99; 10% off dinner trays
· Cousin’s Deli: Breakfast sandwich + medium hot beverage for $4.75; steak or chicken burrito w/ rice, beans, chips, salsa and medium beverage for $9.50
· Delicious Heights: 2-course express lunch for $15; 3-course fixe prix dinner for $25
· DiMaios Cucina: 4-course fast lunch menu for $14.95; 4-course fixe prix dinner for $33
· Giovanni’s Bistro Bar & Catering: 3-course special lunch menu for $17; 3-course special dinner menu plus complementary glass of prosecco for $31
- Goodman’s Deli and Restaurant:10% off all regularly priced items. Offer good for dine-in and take out
· Grain & Cain Bar & Table: 3 course special dinner menu for $32
· Hacienda Mexican Restaurant & Grill: Choice of 13 different lunch platters with choice of soups + chips and salsa for $12; special dinner menu
· LaRosa Chicken & Grill: 10% off any family meal
· Lifetime: LifeCafe 2-course fixe prix menu for $20
· Marcello’s: 4-course fixe prix lunch for $12.75; 4-course fixe prix dinner for $29.75
· Nagoya Sushi Restaurant & Tiki Bar: 3-course meal for $20 (dine in only); house wine, Skye vodka, or sangria—$5 per glass
· Proud Thai Cookery: Special offers include complementary starter with each dinner entrée; BOGO desserts; free lunch entrée with 6 take-out orders; free reg iced tea with dine-in orders, and more
· Rita’s Ices: Free kid’s ice with purchase of $5 or more
· Sadal Wine Cellar: $1 off six packs of beer costing $6.99 or more; 20% off a bottle of wine (does not include sale items)
· Seoulite’s Restaurant: Offers include special prices on combination lunch boxes; 5 different dinner combos specially priced at $25, $30, and $35 available for dine-in or take-out; and more
· Strega Bistro: 3-course fixe prix menu for $39
· Subzone-Home of the Jersey Jammer: Buy 1 sub, get ½ sub free (items 1-35) Monday—Friday; plus varying specials each weekday. Example: free soup with purchase on Monday while supplies last, and $1.50 hot dogs on Friday
· Trap Rock Restaurant & Brewery: 3-course fixe prix lunch for $20; 3-course fixe prix dinner for $40
· Vine Republic: 20% off any 750ml bottle of wine ending in .99 cents, up to three bottles; 10% off any six-pack of beer