BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Relay for Life of Berkeley Heights, New Providence, Mountainside, and Summit has relocated the event on Saturday, May 13 to Gov. Livingston High School at 175 Watchung Blvd. in Berkeley Heights due to the poor weather forecast for this upcoming weekend.
The public and all participants are invited for a festive night of celebrating, remembrance, and fighting back. The event will end around midnight on Saturday following the Luminaria and Fight Back Ceremonies.
- Event will begin at 4 p,m.
- Participants may enter through the entrance closest to the cafeteria or the back entrances near the student parking lot.
- Registration will be in the hallway outside of the cafeteria.
- The Survivor Celebration will begin at 5 p.m. in the GL cafeteria.
- The Opening Ceremony will take place in the Boys' gym at 6 p.m.
- Basket Auction will take place on the premises.
- Variety of other fundraisers and games will be held in the Girls gym throughout the evening.
Carpooling is strongly encouraged due to limited parking at Gov. Livingston. If you choose to park on the local streets, please follow all traffic laws and only park where it is permissible.
"The Berkeley Heights Board of Education and the Berkeley Heights Police Department have been enormously helpful in making this change possible," said Relay for Life Chairman Patti Broccoli. "Their support has been unwavering and we are very appreciative of their time and energy."
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
- 4 p.m. - Doors open. Registration/check-in located in hallway outside of cafeteria - Basket auction begins on ground level.
- 5 p.m. - Survivor Celebration in cafeteria
- 6 p.m. - Opening Ceremony in Boys’ Blue Gym on ground level.
- 7-9 p.m. - Walk continues, KanJam tournament in Girls’ Red gym, Various on-site fundraisers also in Red Gym
- 9:30 p.m. - Luminaria Ceremony in Blue Gym
- 10:30 p.m. - “Relay’s Got Talent” in Blue Gym
- 11:45 p.m. - Closing Ceremony in Blue Gym
- 12 midnight - end of event
- Food available for purchase throughout the event.