UNION COUNTY, NJ - The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunder storm warning through 11 p.m. for Union County and surrounding areas.
The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders urge you to take the proper precaution:
- Listen to news or radio for updates;
- If you can hear thunder, go indoors and stay inside for at least 30 minutes after the last thunder clap.
- Avoid electrical equipment and telephones. Use battery-powered TVs and radios instead.
- Keep away from windows.
- Do not take a bath, shower or use plumbing.
- If driving, safely exit the roadway and park. Stay in the vehicle and turn on the emergency flashers until the heavy rain ends.
- Stay away from downed electrical wires.
Report any issues on municipal roads to the respective municipality. If there are any issues on County roads, please call County Police at 908-654-9800.
Sign Up for E-News
Also, to report downed power lines or outages, contact your utility company. PSE&G customers call 1-800-436-7734. JCP&L customers call 1-800-545-7738 or use the automated reporting line at 1-888-544-4877.
For questions about your gas service, call Elizabethtown Gas at 800-492-4009.
Please tell your friends and neighbors about First Alert, and stay informed by visiting the Union County Webpage at www.ucnj.org. Also find us on Facebook and Twitter.