- Overdose deaths involving prescription opioids have increased 4X since 1999
- Misuse or abuse of prescription drugs, including opioid-analgesic pain relievers, is responsible for much of the recent increase in drug-poisoning deaths
- Opioid prescribing continues to fuel the epidemic
- The National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Associationpromotes integrative care and recognizes the importance of spinal health and chiropractic care as a non-pharmacologic pain treatment model
- Acute and chronic chiropractic patients experienced better outcomes in pain, functional disability, and patient satisfaction,JMPT
- For neck pain and headaches, cervical spine (neck) manipulations are associated with significant improvement in headache outcomes, Duke University
Click here for more information on the Opioid Epidemic in America. Your long-term health management is directly related to your lifestyle and choice of treatment in treating pain. Choosing natural, safe and non-pharmacologic approaches may be just what the doctor ordered.
Dr. Donald DeFabio is a dual board certified Chiropractic Physician in Berkeley Heights, NJ and author of Health Management: The DeFabio Difference. He is the Director of DeFabio Spine and Sports Rehab, LLC where Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Nutrition, and Personal Training are integrated for a comprehensive approach to your health management. The office may be reached at DeFabioChiropractic@gmail.com or www.DeFabioChiropractic.com.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.