SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ -- It may seem hard to believe, but the 45th annual Labor Day Italian Festival at St. Bartholomew's Church, which marks the end of summer in Scotch Plains, is only one week away.
Jointly hosted by the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Chapter of UNICO, the Italian American service organization, St. Bartholomew's Church, and St. Bartholomew's Academy, the festival has been an tradition honoring San Nicola di Bari, the patron saint of the town of Montazzoli, Italy, since 1974.
The festival features nightly live music, rides, games, a Mass in Italian (Saturday at 5:00 p.m.) and traditional procession, and lots of great food, including pizza, pasta, clams, mussels, calzones, and zeppoles. In addition, there are nightly 50/50 drawings and a super 50/50 raffle on Monday.
Entertainment includes performances by:
- Wolf Creek (Country, Southern & Classic Rock) on Friday, Aug. 30, at 7:00 p.m.
- Mike Aromando and the Metropolitan Italian Strolling Band Saturday, Aug. 31, at 6:00 p.m.
- Mark Reno Elvis Tribute Show on Saturday, Aug. 31, at 7:00 p.m.
- The Broadcasters (Classic Rock) on Sunday, Sept. 1, at 7:00 p.m.
- The VooDUDES (Sounds of New Orleans) on Monday, Sept. 2, at 7:00 p.m.
Festival Days and Times
Friday, August 29: 4:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 30: 4:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Sunday, August 31: 4:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 1: 3:00 to 8:00 p.m.
St. Bartholomew the Apostle Parish
2032 Westfield Ave.
Scotch Plains, NJ