Many parents follow a routine when it comes to preparing their children for a new school year. They shop for notebooks, pencils, calculators, pens, and buy crisp, clean clothes. However, when it comes to preparing students for the academic challenge of the coming school year, parents may not know where to turn for appropriate review and preview of subject materials.
For those parents wanting to quickly test a child's "numeracy", or mathematical readiness, for the coming new school year, MATHNASIUM - The Math Learning Center, a leading math-only enrichment and tutoring center with locations in both Chatham Township and Downtown Summit, is offering two free "math checkups" online at:
Jodi Ralston, Mathnasium's Center Director, notes that these short online checkups allow parents and students alike to quickly determine grade-appropriate knowledge of math and to see how well their "number sense" (mathematical intuition, or numeracy) is developing.
For those needing or wanting an in-depth math review or a preview for the coming school year, Mathnasium offers a variety of programs tailored to individual needs. For students entering 2nd through 12th grade, all Mathnasium programs are delivered through one-to-one instruction in either a group setting or through private tutoring. Jodi explains, "As there are no classes and no fixed instructional schedules, Mathnasium students are free to start their programs at any time of the year." In preparation for the coming school year, and for those students wanting to review and/or preview specific math materials, Mathnasium offers a flexible 16-session summer program through September 30th.
MATHNASIUM'S SUMMER PROGRAM: (Offered through September 30th)
• Purpose: Review/preview of elementary, middle and high school math.
• Method: An individualized learning plan tailored to the student's specific needs delivered through one-to-one instruction by expert instructors who have both a proven ability and passion for math and math education.
• Activities: Real math; serious fun!
• Prescriptive exercises address the student's specific knowledge gaps or enrichment needs.
• Workout materials strengthen number sense, mathematical skills, reasoning and confidence.
• Bonus sessions dedicated solely to logic, strategy and other math-related games encourage a deeper understanding and enjoyment of mathematics.
• Duration: 16 sessions (approximately 1 to 1½ hours each, depending on age) as well as bonus game hours.
• Scheduling: Flexible to accommodate all your other summer activities and plans; sessions may be scheduled during any membership hours (listed online; see below).
Concerning Mathnasium Summer programs, Jodi comments "that without any focused academic review, students typically lose roughly one to two months of grade-level equivalency in mathematical computation skills over the summer months. To counter this summer slide and to get a jump on the new school year, we offer our flexible summer program through the end of September."
For students wanting regular academic support, Mathnasium also offers year-round memberships as well as private tutoring by appointment. A natural extension to the classroom, Mathnasium is considered to be the ideal adjunct to any student's regular classroom studies and provides one-to-one math tutoring and instruction for students in grades 2 through 12.
For a free consultation or a more in-depth evaluation of a student's tutoring or enrichment needs, Jodi may be contacted at 973-377-MATH (6284) or email@example.com
Mathnasium Learning Centers offer "math-only" educational programs year-round in an attractive and supportive setting for students, Pre-K through 12th grade, to develop math skills, long-term understanding and enduring self-confidence. Mathnasium's instructors teach and tutor a broad range of mathematics including elementary and middle school math, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus and statistics in a relaxed and enjoyable learning environment. Developed over 35 years of hands-on experience with thousands of children around the world, the Mathnasium educational method is designed for children of all ages and skill levels. For more information or to arrange a visit, contact Mathnasium of Chatham at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.mathnasium.com/chatham and Mathnsium of Summit at email@example.com or www.mathnasium.com/summit