Hard to believe that it is already November! The weather has cooperated, and we continue to make progress on our municipal building. Perhaps you have walked or driven by the municipal complex at night recently. As you probably noticed not only does the building look aesthetically pleasing, but nighttime is great opportunity to get a good look at the construction progress that has taken place over the last several months.
EPIC, the developer, will continue to take advantage of the good weather. In the next few weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, the developer will pour the slab on deck, backfill and grade the foundation perimeter, continue to install the mechanical, electric and plumbing, frame the metal interior and exterior, work on the roof deck and sheath the exterior of the building.
Please see below for more specific information and photos on the progress made for the week ending November 1, 2019 at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site.
All the Best,
Mayor Angie Devanney
- EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 33 workers.
- Kenvil United Corp. substantially completed steel backup in the east sector, including bolting, decking, and welding ahead of the slab on deck pours scheduled for Monday of next week.
- EUC backfilled and compacted along the north side of the building foundation and performed site cleanup.
- Force Concrete stripped forms from the Stair #5 landing, performed slab prep for the east sector slab on deck pours, and installed masonry block in the basement (Police Archives, Mechanical Room 003, and Room 017), on the west side exterior wall, and on the 1st floor interior wall dividing the west and center sectors.
- Mehl Electric continued installing boxes and conduits in the masonry, energized temporary power and lighting in the east sector, and ran cabling between the basement mechanical and electrical rooms.
- Industrial Cooling Corporation performed layout and takeoffs, received and staged material and equipment deliveries, and resumed installing duct hangers.
- AGP Plumbing performed layout, core drilled and installed sanitary lines for the 1st and 2nd floor rest rooms and began installing risers up from the basement.
- Epic Interiors did layout, performed takeoffs, and continued interior and exterior metal framing and headers in the west and center sectors on the 1st floor, 2nd floor, and basement.
- Hi-Tech Steel began installation of Stair #2 in the basement of the center sector.