Temperatures have fallen in the last few days and winter is upon us. Despite the cold, we are fortunate that progress has continued on the municipal complex. As an outdoor runner, I have enjoyed watching the building seemingly and magically rising out of the north. You can get a great view of the construction driving, biking or walking down Sherman Avenue adjacent to the train station parking lot. From the photos, work on the police department has been the most visible.
Please see below for more specific information and photos on the progress made for the week ending November 8, 2019 at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site.
All the Best,
Mayor Angie Devanney
MUNCIPAL COMPLEX- WEEK ENDING NOV. 8, 2019
- EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 32 workers.
- Kenvil United Corp. began partial demobilization and removal of some material from site with steel erection and decking substantially completed.
- EUC cleaned up the site access roads and stockpiles from recent rains, and compacted along the north side.
- Force Concrete poured the slabs on deck on the 1st and 2nd floors of the east sector, continued CMU block work on Line A (west side, exterior), Stair #1, and Line H (interior wall between west and center sectors). Force also began placing block for the sally port, garage, and evidence room in the Police Department.
- Mehl Electric placed panels, conduits, and troughs in Mechanical Rooms 003 and 017, and began prep for electrical rough-ins in the basement metal framing.
- Industrial Cooling Corporation did layout and installed duct hangers in the basement and on the 1st floor of the west and center sectors.
- AGP Plumbing installed sanitary piping in the basement for the Police Department locker rooms and prepped for inspection.
- Hi-Tech Steel continued installation of Stair #2/#6 from the basement to the 2nd floor in the center sector.
- Layout Inc. set control and access lines on the 1st and 2nd floors of the east sector.
- Waterproofing Systems Northeast applied damp proofing to the exterior foundation walls on the north side of the east and center sectors.
- Epic Interiors continued with exterior framing, headers, and sills in the west and center sectors (1st and 2nd floors) on the north and south sides. Epic Interiors also began exterior framing in the east sector and removal of foundation shores from the basement of the east sector, and continued interior framing in the basement.