BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Mayor's Round Table is a monthly show hosted by Dr. Donald DeFabio, who sits with Mayor Robert Woodruff to talk about current issues that affect the township.
Included in this episode, Dr. DeFabio talks with originators of the Berkeley Heights Winter Walk Bobbie Peer, owner of TAPinto Berkeley Heights, and Cheri Pertesis, owner of Anything Floral.
Click here to view the interview and details of this year's event.
The Winter Walk will kick off immediately following the Township's tree lighting ceremony at Peppertown Park [at 5 p.m. with Santa's arrival at 5:30 p.m.] on December 2 from 6 to 9 p.m. along Springfield Avenue..
The Winter Walk was started three years ago by a handful of business owners in Berkeley Heights to draw the community to downtown Berkeley Heights by hosting a free festive event to entertain all. Downtown Berkeley Heights will be converted into a winter wonderland with horse drawn carriage and trolley rides, a synthetic ice skating rink, live entertainment, visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus along with other characters and a host of free give aways courtesy of the Berkeley Heights Business Community. Together, approximately 75 local businesses are involved through sponsorship or hosting their own attraction at the event.
Visit each of the scheduled attractions that include:
- Artificial Ice Rink (Sponsored by The Connell Company, Embassy Suites, Grain & Cane and Peak Medical) Located at Peak Medical - 492 Springfield Ave.
- Beer Garden at Delicious Heights - 428 Springfield Ave.
- Berkeley Heights Volunteer Rescue Squad - Dunkin Donuts parking lot.
- Bounce House (Sponsored by Taylor Rental) - Located at Springfield Avenue and Lone Pine Drive.
- Caricature Artists - Anything Floral - 411 Springfield Ave.
- Chair Massage - Massage Envy - 402 Springfield Ave
- Cotton Candy and Hair Bling! - Feathers II - 505 Springfield Ave.
- Cookie Decorating - Pearly Whites - 515 Springfield Ave.
- Dog Adoptions - Home For Good Dog Rescue - 465 Springfield Ave.
- Elsa! Live! & Make a Snowman - Berkeley Hardware - 503 Springfield Ave.
- Elves, Cookies & Candy Canes - Berkeley Cleaners - 376 Springfield Ave.
- Gastro Food Truck - Grain & Cane - Located at Sadal Wine Cellar - 440 Springfield Ave.
- GameTrucks (Sponsored by Allstate, Autumn Lake, Liberty Group and TD Bank) - Located by Benham’s Garage - 414 Springfield Ave.
- Free Eyebrow Waxing by Appointment at European Wax at European Wax - 406 Springfield Avenue.
- Flash Tattoos (Sponsored by Nikki Tans) - Located by 7 Eleven - 417 Springfield Ave.
- Free Donut with Beverage Purchase - Dunkin Donuts - 384 Springfield Ave
- Horse & Carriage Ride (Sponsored by Giovanni’s, Investors Savings, Pearly Whites & Robinwood Kitchens) - Located by CVS - 412A Springfield Avenue
- Hot Cocoa, Cookies & WIN BH Gift Certificates (Sponsored by Smith Chiropractic) - Located at Anything Floral - 411 Springfield Ave.
- Hot Cocoa at DiMaios - 468 Springfield Ave and at European Wax at 406 Springfield Avenue
- Hot Cocoa Sponsored by Crossfit 908 at Devour Creative Catering - 473 Springfield Ave.
- Life Size Gingerbread House (Sponsored by Anything Floral & Dimensional Construction) - Located by The Tee Bag - 413 Springfield Ave.
- Madison Brass Quintet (6:15-7:45pm) Goodman’s Deli - 400 Springfield Ave.
- Make Reindeer Food with the YMCA & Snowball Pitch - Located at 438 Springfield Ave.
- Make Your Own Bracelet - J.Michael’s Jewelers - 370 Springfield Ave.
- Make Your Own Ornament - The Tee Bag - 413 Springfield Ave.
- Marshmallow Roast - The Tailor’s Wife - 451 Springfield Ave.
- Masks & Tiaras - My Little Party Place - 472 Springfield Ave.
- Mechanical Reindeer Ride (Sponsored by Delicious Heights) - Delicious Heights - 428 Springfield Ave.
- Popcorn (Sponsored by The Rotary Club) - Located by Investors Bank - 441 Springfield Ave.
- Petting Zoo & Pony Rides (Sponsored by Berkeley Cleaners, Country Farms, Electric Beach Tanning Studio, J.Michael’s Jewelers) - Located by J. Michael’s Jewelers - 370 Springfield Ave.
- Photo Booth - Massage Envy - 402 Springfield Ave.
- Photos with The Snow Queen (Sponsored by Pure Movement Dance Center) - Located by 7-Eleven - 417 Springfield Ave.
- Photo Op (Sponsored by Gabriele Fitness & Performance) - Located at 438 Springfield Ave.
- Pong Toss/Prizes & Butternut Squash Shooters - Devour Creative Catering - 473 Springfield Ave.
- “The Queens“ (Sponsored by Berkeley Professional Building) - Located by Kumon - 487 Springfield Ave.
- Red Carpet Photo With Elf on the Shelf & Giveaways - Sublime Salon & Spa - 482 Springfield Ave.
- Trackless Train (Sponsored by Don Tre Driving School and ReMax Integrity Advantage) - Located by DonTre & ReMax - 495/501 Springfield Ave.
- Trolley (Sponsored by DiMaios & Ippolito) - Runs between Columbia School and Peppertown Park
- Walk-In Snow Globe (Sponsored by: Anything Floral, Smith Chiropractic Foundation & TAPinto Berkeley Heights) - Located at Anything Floral - 411 Springfield Ave.
- Warming Station - Berkeley Swim Club - West of Main Entertainment Stage; Connect One Bank - 512 Springfield Ave.
- Wine Tasting - Sadal Wine Cellar - 440 Springfield Ave. and Berkeley Wine - 500 Springfield Ave.
- Union County Entertainment Stage - Located at Berkeley Cinema, performance times are TBD including Gov. Livingston Highlander Band, Gov. Livingston Jazz Choir, Gov. Livingston Guitar Club, Wharton Performers, DJunk, Pure Movement Dancers, Missing Pieces.
Visit BerkeleyHeightsDowntown.com for latest details of the Winter Walk.
Berkeley Heights Here and Now: Mayor, municipal offices will provide updates and the Communications Committee wants the citizens to be heard, wants to hear from the businesses and wants to hear from the community organizations.
The show will be aired on Comcast 34 and Fios 47:
- Tuesdays/Thursdays/Saturdays at 8 a.m.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 7 p.m.
The show will also be shown through this column on TAP into Berkeley Heights and the Township Website. (A DVD will be placed at the Public Library.)
Citizens of Berkeley Heights are welcome to email email@example.com a question for the "Ask the Mayor a Question" segment of the show. Your email must state your full name, postal address and phone number.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.