Editor's Note: To nominate a home, click here. Deadline is Thursday, December 19th.
BERKELEY HEIGHTS - For the third year, you are invited to nominate a home that you believe has the best display of holiday decorations in Berkeley Heights. To nominate a home, click here. Deadline is Thursday, December 19th.
If you believe your outdoor holiday decorating skills deserve a little fanfare, whether it’s your first time decorating or you are bringing out your inner Clark W. Griswold (Christmas Vacation), you are invited to share the holiday spirit by decorating your home and yard for the 3rd annual Berkeley Heights “Battle of the Bulbs” Holiday Lights Competition, presented by the Berkeley Heights Business and Civic Community.
The contest is sponsored by the following Berkeley Heights Business and Civic Community members: Smith Chiropractic, Taylor Rental Center, TAPinto Berkeley Heights, Liss Printing, The Liberty Group, GRA Architecture, Edward Jones, Paras & Paras Commercial Realtors, and Berkeley Heights YMCA.
The Holiday Lights Competition is open to all residents of Berkeley Heights, with deadline for nominations for best display due by 12 noon on Dec. 19, 2019. Homeowners may nominate themselves. Nominations will be collected online by clicking on the ad on TAPinto Berkeley Heights, or by dropping off your vote in the ballot box located at Taylor Rental Center or Anything Floral.
The top five homes nominated will then be judged by a select panel of judges, with the winner to receive $150 gift certificate and a special plaque to be mounted on their front yard. There will also be prizes for second and third place.
Again, the deadline for nominations is Dec. 19, 2019.
Be creative! Homes will be judged on the WOW! Factor, originality, creative use and number of lights, use of space, and holiday theme.
- Open to all residents of Berkeley Heights.
- There is no fee to enter.
- Decorations must be visible from the street.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only.
- Last day to submit nominations is Thursday 12 noon, Dec. 19, 2019.
- Residents may nominate themselves.
- The five residents with the most nominations will be judged on Dec.20-21 by a select panel of local judges. Decorations must be available and lit up on Dec.20- 21 from 6 pm – 10 pm in order for homes to be judged.
- Three prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners and will be awarded on Monday, Dec. 23 and announced on TAPinto Berkeley Heights with pictures posted on Facebook. The top five winners will receive a certificate of participation.