Please be advised that the Berkeley Heights Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting scheduled for Monday, April 13 at 7:00 p.m. will be conducted via the Zoom virtual meeting service. All residents are invited to attend by following the directions below.
Meeting ID: 821-685-118 Password: 224020
Please be aware that Zoom service in order to afford as many members of the public, along with necessary Berkeley Heights Public Library Board members and staff, the ability to conduct and participate in an Open Public Meeting in a remote manner due to the COVID-19 outbreak, in compliance with New Jersey’s Open Public Meetings Act. All Board members will be seen via audio conference. If you are a member of the public and wish to participate in the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must follow the instructions below to join the virtual meeting via Zoom audio:
1. Join the meeting using Zoom. Each resident user/participant will have the capability to participate via:
a. Audio only
b. Audio & chat function
c. Participants can “raise their hand” with an icon
2. Use the “Chat” function to send a typewritten message to the “Host” including only your first and last name and home address.
3. When you hear your name announced during the Public Comment portion of the meeting, you may address the Board. Only one public comment period is scheduled. Each resident will be allowed one comment opportunity. All microphones of public users will be muted, except as set forth above during the Public Comment period. Please adhere to the instructions above.
If you would like to simply call in to the meeting but not participate in public comment, you must enter the Zoom room at the link above on your phone or desktop, and:
• Either go directly to the meeting room: https://zoom.us/j/821685118 or enter the following “Meeting ID” when you open the Zoom app: 821-685-118. Password: 224020
• Once you’re in the room, select the “Join Audio” option at the bottom right of your screen.
• Select “dial in” when the “To hear others please join audio” prompt appears.
• Then select any of the numbers that appear to dial in with. Enter meeting ID, followed by # (pound), then password when prompted.
You can test your Computer, Phone or Tablet’s ability to use Zoom, including speaker/microphone functionality at https://zoom.us/test