BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - The Berkeley Heights Recreation Department, Berkeley Heights Business and Civic Association and The Connell Company are excited and thrilled to be able to provide great family friendly entertainment to the residents of Berkeley Heights in a safe and secure environment on the campus of the Connell Company.
The following guidelines have been created to ensure a safe and enjoyable Drive-In Movie Experience for all patrons. Due to Covid-19 Safety Guidelines and Regulations we ask that you please consider and adhere to the requests made below.
- We have partnered with The Boxcar Company to assist with the logistics. All sales for the Drive-In Movie Experience are being handled by Boxcar and you must first be registered on their App prior to the event to gain access. https://platform.boxcarapp.com/orgs/berkeleyheightsnj It’s imperative to register and sign up ahead of time with Boxcar, so you can then reserve a $25 per car ticket when the first movie event is released. Once in the Boxcar data base, all registrants will be notified via mass e-mail at the same time when the first movie event is available for reservation. This will ensure a fair and equitable opportunity for the event registration.
- Rain date for the July 22nd event is August 24th.
- The entrance to the event will begin at 7:15 p.m. and the movie is expected to start at 8:30 p.m., pending darkness.
- We have partnered with three local restaurants: Grain and Cane, Delicious Heights and Goodman’s Deli to provide a limited box meal menu that will be available via the Boxcar App. This food option is not inclusive of your $25 car entry fee and will be processed as a separate add-on transaction on the Boxcar App via their Dashboard. Food must be ordered/purchased 24 hours ahead of time (Tuesday, July 21st at 5 p.m.) or you can bring your own. Please support our restaurant partners and remember to patronize our corporate sponsors.
- Boxcar will be coordinating parking and the logistic of boxed meal delivery to the specific cars that have requested food via the Boxcar App. Cars will be lined up and parked in the order they arrive as directed by Boxcar staff. We will attempt to park cars in front of SUV’s/trucks so there is no obstruction of view for our guests. We will park SUV’s/trucks in the rear rows.
- Security has been contracted through the Berkeley Heights Police Department and will be on premise start through the end of the event.
- No alcohol, no smoking, no sitting outside or on top of any vehicle at anytime is permitted. Guest must remain in their cars for the duration of the event, unless they are visiting the restroom.
- A Porta-a-Potty station will be available for your restroom needs during the event. Guests are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes. Social Distancing 6ft guidelines and masks must be followed and worn while visiting the restroom area.
- While we will have portable garbage containers/stands on premise it is strongly recommended that each car bring their own garbage bag with them and dispose of any accumulated garbage at home. No littering on the property is permitted.
- Car Idling – as per New Jersey Law, all cars must be turned off. Idling is defined as when the engine is on, but the vehicle is not moving for no more than 3 minutes. Please use this as guideline for charging your car battery during the event.
- Audio for the movie will be delivered through FM transmitter. If you are concerned that your car battery may not last for the duration of the movie, please bring a portable battery-operated FM radio.
- Guests are encouraged to bring battery-operated portable fans as a replacement for car idling air conditioning use.
- Headlights must be turned off before the movie starts so everyone can enjoy the presentation.
- All Cars/SUV’s/Trucks must exit the lot at the end of the movie, cars cannot remain in the lot overnight.
- Any disruption or disregard of the stated guidelines will result in removal from the event without a refund.
Season sponsors include: Advanced Dental Specialist, Anything Floral, Balloon Design Studio, Berkeley Hardware, BH Physical Therapy, Blue Jasmine , Dr. Memoli DMD, Kevin Mack/Edward Jones, European Wax Center, Fit Forever, Fountain of Youth Spa, Heights Marketing, Linda's Creative Gifts, Peace of Mind Yoga Counseling and Wellness Center, Peak Medical/Total Health, RE/MAX Integrity Advantage, Robinwood Inc., Smith Chiropractic, TAPinto Berkeley Heights/Bobbie Peer, Taylor Rental, The Liberty Group, The Rotary Club of BH
We hope that you enjoy our Berkeley Heights Summer 2020 Drive-In Movie Experience, understanding that we all have been through a trying 2020 due to Covid-19. It’s our intent to give our Berkeley Heights residents family friendly entertainment that they can look back on and say, that was great, I can’t wait for the next Berkeley Heights Summer 2020 Drive-In Movie Experience on August 5th and August 18th.
From all of us at the Berkeley Heights Township, Berkeley Heights Recreation Commission/Department, Berkeley Heights Business and Civic Association, The Connell Company and Boxcar please remember, have fun! LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION – THE SHOW MUST GO ON!