The 2020 election season is coming soon, and we are preparing for the July 7th Primary. Aside from formulating the Kingsley and Varnerin campaign, we also have our eye on managing finances.
We want to share our commitments regarding ethical campaign finances. Jeanne Kingsley shared, “In 2017, when I last ran for Town Council, I spent $5,000 on my campaign. I’m not sure why the spending is out of control now.” Jeff added, "We are a small town, and we should not accept lavish campaign spending levels.”.
Over the last three years, campaign spending has gotten out of control and numerous campaign finance concerns have surfaced at Town Council meetings. These questionable activities are deeply concerning. Councilwoman Jeanne Kingsley and Jeff Varnerin vow to adhere to the campaign finance tenants detailed below.
• Comply with NJ State law on contribution limits.
• Reject donations from ALL companies currently doing business with the Township of Berkeley Heights or the County of Union.
• Reject donations from ALL companies listed on the Township of Berkeley Heights approved vendor list.
• Document ALL donations from companies regardless of the amount.
• Document ALL disbursements made through the joint campaign account in a timely manner.
• Itemize ALL in-kind donations.
Now more than ever in the world of COVID-19, it is critical that we have the right skill sets and robust policies to ensure your tax dollars are used wisely to deliver continuity of services to you, our neighbors and friends. We ask for you to support Jeanne Kingsley and Jeff Varnerin for Town Council to bring the right leadership and the right skill sets to Berkeley Heights.
Jeanne & Jeff - The Right Skills. The Right Leadership. The Right Choice for Berkeley Heights.
Jeanne Kingsley & Jeff Varnerin are the only Berkeley Heights Republican candidates supported by the NJ GOP - Senator Tom Kean, Assemblywoman Nancy Munoz and Assemblyman Jon Bramnick as well as the Union County GOP.