As many residents left town for vacations this month, work on the municipal complex has continued as the developer works to finish the second floor in the next few weeks.
Construction crews were on site Saturday, August 22 working on the ceilings and continuing to tie in the gutters and roof leaders. Window installation is almost complete, as is the masonry around the building and roof, meaning the building will soon be water tight. The cabling vendor is on site pulling cable for IT and AV, working on the second floor where the library and administrative offices are located, then working their way throughout the rest of the building. Ceilings will be closed up as cabling is being pulled, as work continues on: mechanical, electrical and plumbing; the parking lot drainage and curbing; flooring; spackling and painting; tiling and ceiling; rest room fixtures; framing and glazing; and exterior stairs and load bank pads.
For the week ending August 21, 2020 at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site, the following took place:
- EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 53 workers.
- Force Concrete substantially completed the brick veneer on the east elevation and continued brick work on the north side above Stair #5. Force also poured the walls for the Stair #1 exterior landing and placed form work and rebar for the steps.
- EUC continued underground storm and sanitary work on the south side, and backfilled and compacted.
- Industrial Cooling Corporation piped the boiler flue, installed air curtains, and continued duct work, controls, and HVAC finishes.
- Epic Interiors hung drywall and insulation, taped and spackled, and installed ceiling grid and fire extinguisher cabinets.
- Mehl Electric placed wiring, lighting, outlets, door contacts, security equipment, and exit signs.
- All Ply Roofing continued DaVinci shingles on the north side of the center sector.
- Eighteen Glass continued with storefront frames and curtain wall panes.
- Artisans Showcase of Tile substantially completed floor tile in the 2nd floor public restrooms and began wall tile in the 1st floor public rest rooms.
- Allied Fire & Safety continued tying in and testing sprinklers.
- Fine Painting resumed work on the 1st floor.
- AGP Plumbing began installation of rest room sinks and toilets.
- Epic Millwork started installing chair rail in the 1st floor hallway.