BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - TAPinto Berkeley Heights continues our "Weekly Catch-up with Mayor Angie Devanney" series.
Click video for entire interview.
Visit the Berkeley Heights Township website for Coronavirus updates and resources.
Click here for Berkeley Heights Directory of Businesses and their changes in service and hours during the state of emergency and how you can support them during their time of need.
Visit FLAG Berkeley Heights Facebook Page.
In the news:
- NJ - 121,190 Positive Cases
- NJ - 7,538 Deaths
- Union County - 12,779 total cases
- Union County - 714 Deaths
- Breakout of cases by LTC facility in Berkeley Heights as reported on NJ state website.
- Autumn Lakes: 57 cases, 14 deaths
- Runnells Specialized Hospital: 21 cases, 4 deaths
BH Neighbors Helping Neighbors is a volunteer group working directly with the Township Administration to identify seniors in town who need face masks to protect themselves against COVID-19. The Township is encouraging any senior over the age of 70 who needs a mask to contact us at (908) 312-2066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a volunteer will drop off a handmade cloth washable mask. These masks have been hand-made by town volunteers & should be WASHED before wearing; wash as frequently as needed.
About Neighbors Helping Neighbors: They work with the Township to identify needs for services and to connect the group with efforts already underway. We are a central clearinghouse for information on how/where residents can get what they need - whether it be information or services - during this public health emergency. We provide:
- Connection to services for senior citizens and veterans
- Help to get groceries or other items from stores for those who cannot/should not leave their homes under the state’s current “stay at home” order
- Setting up regular check-in calls with people who cannot/should not leave their homes
- Basic information about Township services being offered
- How residents can interact with the Township while offices are closed
- Where to get toilet paper or paper towels (supply is for senior citizens, veterans, or laid-off service workers in Berkeley Heights only please)
Activities for social distancing
- How to access physical activity programs for certain gyms remotely
- & more
Stay Safe! #InThisTogether https://www.facebook.com/BHHelpingNeighbors
Editor's Note: Click here to provide TAPinto Berkeley Heights with a story tip or a Hero Shout-out! Email bpeer@tapinto with a question for consideration in our Weekly Catch-up with Mayor Angie Devanney. Businesses, Click here for Coronavirus updates to be included in TAPinto Business Chatter column.