BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Seven ‘Bombs’ at 7 a.m. marked the beginning of the Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Feast this morning, but for some the preparations for today’s March began even earlier.
Members of the Mount Carmel Society gathered at 6 a.m. at Mount Carmel Hall to prepare and decorate the Blessed Lady statute and place it on a platform behind a riding mower donated by Chatham Lawn Mower Service. They then drove to Little Flower Church where more members gathered to continue preparations.
Vito Carulli, Bill Manganelli, who has been taking part in the parade for more than 50 years and Rob Yannotta adjusted a banner, while Lenny Franchino, a new-comer with only 10 years of marching, and Louis Alice, who started walking in the parade in 1962, “supervised.”
Mimmo Vassallo, who has been taking part in the Feast for 57 years and Cosimo Mammone of Summit arrived together, ready to walk with the statute as it is driven throughout the streets of town.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel’s annual five-day Feast full of food, music, games, rides, fireworks, and other family fun in Berkeley Heights takes place at the fairgrounds at Mt. Carmel Field, 56 River Road. It will be open from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Tuesday, July 16 through Saturday, July 20. The fair will be full of family-friendly events, rides, food, tradition and fun! The big change this year from previous years is that the Fireworks Extravaganza, provided by the world-famous Garden State Fireworks, Santore Bros., will kick off this year’s events, instead of end them. The fireworks will also launch an hour earlier than in the past – at 10 pm.
- July 16th DJ Nicky Sebilia
- July 17th Big Band Esteem All Stars
- July18th Missing Pieces
- July 19th The Jimmy's
- July 20th New Jersey's best tribute band Bon Jersey
- Unlimited wrist bands ($25.00) will be available Friday and Saturday, July 19 & 20, ONLY; not available on July 16.
- Wristband purchases can be used for ONE NIGHT ONLY, cannot purchase one wristband for both nights.
- Individual ride tickets will be available July 16-20th. CASH ONLY
Tuesday, July 16 - Fair and Firework Extravaganza
- Firework Show will begin at 10:00PM. Please note the time change from our past festivals. Admission is only $10!
- All parking is off-site on July 16th.
- Handicap parking will be available at Columbia Middle School located at 345 Plainfield Avenue, please try to arrive before 6 PM.
- Springfield Avenue will close to all traffic at 6 PM…Come early!!!!
- Shuttle transportation will be available from Columbia Middle School on Plainfield Avenue to the front gate of the fair starting at 6PM and will end at 9:45 PM.
- Online tickets are non-refundable (fees will apply); adults and children 6 and over - $10/person; children under 5 FREE
- Family package: Buy 4 admissions, get 1 FREE (Available at the entrance gates only)
- Tickets can be purchased online or at the gate
- Rain or shine event
- Ticket holders MUST present their printed ticket at entry gate for scanning
- Fireworks provided by the world-famous Garden State Fireworks, Santore Bros.
Saturday, July 20th – "Mini” Family Friendly Fireworks starting at 9:30 PM
- Bring the whole family for an evening of fun and fireworks!!
- For safety reason and in order to allow more room for viewing the show, there will be no parking on the fairgrounds July 20th.
Event sponsors: Broadway Elite, Hollywood Moters, Mount Carmel Catering , Andrew Licari, Serento's Deli, Invesors bank, Chimney Rock Inn, Garden State Fireworks
Check out the website for more details: https://mountcarmeltickets.ticketbud.com. If you have additional questions, email: email@example.com.