BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - The Church of the Little Flower has made the following changes to their schedule in response to a letter from Archbishop, Cardinal Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R..
1. Beginning tomorrow, March 18th, all Masses are suspended until further notice. This includes Sunday and weekday celebrations of the Eucharist. (We will continue to live-stream the Sunday Mass.)
2. Public celebrations of the Sacraments and other public forms of worship are suspended until further notice.
3. Exceptions: Funerals, burial services and previously scheduled weddings.
4. Anointing and Reconciliation will remain available as needed.
5. Cardinal strongly advises that parishes suspend all office activity for a period of at least two weeks.
The Church of the Little Flower parish offices will be closed, however, the staff is working remotely and accessible via emails and voicemails.
The parish sent the following notice to parishioners that included information highlighted above:
Our Archbishop, Cardinal Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R., has written to the bishops, priests and deacons of the archdiocese regarding his decisions with regard to the Coronavirus. I present to you the introduction to the letter from the Cardinal as well as the pertinent highlights of the letter with regard to our parish life.
What is included in this communication is what we know and does not include what we don't know (e.g. the status of Holy Week and Easter liturgies). Once we know the answers to questions that you probably have, they will be communicated to you. As of now, we will be in a "wait and see" mode with regard to the celebration of First Communions. We apologize for the added anxiety that this will cause you. We will continue to communicate with you as soon as we have more information on a variety of issues.
Fr. Andy, Fr. Matthew and the Staff of the Church of the Little Flower