Celebrate National Chili Day with Tasty Chili Recipe from Lantern Hill Signature Dining
Looking for a tasty chili recipe for National Chili Day, February 23? Lantern Hill Director of Dining Jason Fernandi shares his recipe below. Fernandi oversees Lantern Hill’s on-site dining venues and signature dining program which includes restaurant style dining, from scratch cooking, intimate dining venues, daily menu options, in the moment cooking, and chef inspired culinary creations.
Lantern Hill is an Erickson Living retirement community located in New Providence, New Jersey. For more information on Lantern Hill, visit www.ericksonliving.com/Lantern-Hill.
Chili Con Carne
9.5 Pounds of Ground Beef
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Pounds of Spanish Onion Diced
1 Pound of Celery Diced
1 Pound of Green Pepper Diced
3 Ounces Garlic Minced
3 Tbsp. Cumin
3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1/8 Tsp. Cayenne
1 Tbsp. Oregano
10.5 Cups Diced Tomato
5 pounds of prepared kidney beans
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Sauté beef until well browned.
- Drain fat and reserve beef.
- Add Olive oil to the pan and sauté onions, celery, green pepper, and garlic until tender (5-8 minutes).
- Add cumin, oregano, paprika, chili powder and cayenne.
- Add diced tomato and reserved ground beef and kidney beans.
- Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.