Horse farm owners in the tri-state area may be eligible for crop insurance to cover losses due to lack of rainfall that reduces hay production or pasture growth.

In 2015 the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Risk Management Agency (RMA) expanded crop insurance coverage for ranchers to help them protect against loss of forage produced for feeding livestock.

Farm owners have until Nov. 15 to sign up for coverage for the 2018 crop year.

Sign Up for E-News

Crop insurance is sold and delivered solely through private crop insurance agents. A list of agents is available at all USDA Service Centers and online at the RMA Agent Locator.

See the fact sheet at for more information.

Learn more about crop insurance and the modern farm safety net at

See more Equestrian news at

Find us on Facebook