Montclair State University Singers to Perform at West Side Presbyterian Church
West Side Presbyterian Church in Ridgewood welcomes the Montclair State University Singers, a distinguished 60-voice choir, on Sunday, April 22 at 3:00 pm as part of the West Side Concert Series. Recent season highlights for the choir include performances at Carnegie Hall and Alice Tully Hall, performances with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra and tours of Central Europe and Russia.
The program at West Side will comprise a range of choral styles and genres, including:
- Psalm settings by Anglea and Rutter
- Rheinberger’s six-part Abendlied
- Excerpts from Mozart’s Requiem
- 21st century part-songs by Arnesen and Hagenberg
- Traditional American songs in new settings by Brumfield and Kirchner
- Ben Parry’s Flame
- South African welcome song Hlohonolofatsa
Heather J. Buchanan, Ph.D., conducts the Montclair State University Singers; Steven W. Ryan is the accompanist.
Admission and parking are free; donations are welcome.
The 2017-2018 season marks the 42nd season of the West Side Concert Series. Throughout its long history, the series has presented a wide variety of solo, instrumental and ensemble concerts in the classical, African American and jazz traditions.
For more information, please visit www.westsideconcerts.org.