MONTCLAIR, NJ - Veteran folk-singer Dan Bern will kick-off the fall 2016 season at Outpost in the Burbs on Friday, September 16th.
The show, which will be held at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 67 Church Street at 8 p.m., will open with Singer-songwriter Jason Darling.
Entering it’s 29th season, the Outpost is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization that produces a concert series and offers a variety of community service opportunities.
Below is the fall schedule (new shows to be added):
- Friday, September 16th: Dan Bern with opener Jason Darling
- Friday, September 23rd: The David Bromberg Quintet with opener Matt Arons Outpost Annual Benefit Concert
- Saturday, October 1st: Volunteering for Community Food Bank of NJ
- Friday, October 14th: Shemekia Copeland with opener the Reverend Shawn Amos
- Saturday, October 29th: Volunteering at soup kitchen
- Saturday, October 29th: Karl Blau with LAKE: Outpost “New Voices”series
- Saturday, November 5th: John Doe with opener Warren Zanes Collecting for Human Needs Food Pantry
- Friday, December 9th: Lucy Kaplansky Annual Toys for Tots show
All concerts will be held at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 67 Church Street in Montclair, except for the November 5th show, which will be held at the First Congregational Church, 40 S. Fullerton Avenue.
For more information about shows and volunteering, please visit http://www.outpostintheburbs.org or call 973-744-6560
How to Get Concert Tickets: Tickets are available at Keil’s Pharmacy, 732 Valley Rd., Upper Montclair, 973-744-2113, at Studio 042 – Super Business Printer, 423 Bloomfield Ave., Montclair, 973-509-7591 and online at TicketLeap https://outpost.ticketleap.com
About The Outpost: The all-volunteer Outpost is a nonprofit outreach organization in Montclair dedicated to building community through music, community service, and cultural events. The Outpost has presented more than 350 concerts by internationally known artists such as Judy Collins, Roger McGuinn, Jorma Kaukonen, Jimmy Webb, Richie Havens, J.D. Souther, Christian McBride, and Dar Williams. In addition to promoting and staffing concerts, Outpost volunteers have donated many hours of their time through programs affiliated with Habitat for Humanity, Toys for Tots, the Human Needs Food Pantry of Montclair, the Community Food Bank of N.J., Dress for Success and a soup kitchen run by Outpost volunteers in East Orange, NJ.