SUMMIT, NJ - Special needs youth are invited to register for upcoming fall TryCAN programs, offered to children from any town, and which help youth develop skills that allow them to pursue a sport or activity further or simply provide them with a meaningful recreation experience. The programs incorporate teen 'peer mentors' from local middle and high schools to help participants learn and have fun.
- Basketball Skills – Sundays starting September 17.
- Runners Club (grades 5-12) – Mondays starting October 2.
- Move and Dance for older kids (ages 10-15) – Sundays starting September 24.
- Dance and Movement Group (ages 5-9) – Sundays starting September 24.
- Mini Yoga Group (ages 8-12) – Sundays starting September 24.
- Let’s Pretend play and social group (ages 3-5) – Saturdays starting October 7.
- Play and Learn play and social group for 6-7 year olds – Saturdays starting October 7.
- Kidz Club social group (ages 6-9) – Saturdays starting October 7.
- Social Skills, using technology, (ages 8-12) – Mondays starting October 2.
- Teen Friendship Group – Mondays starting October 2.
While the Summit Community Center is undergoing construction, programs will be held at either the Chisholm Community Center in Springfield, or the New Providence Municipal Center, depending on the program. For detailed program information, exact location and prices, contact TryCAN at email@example.com. Register by visiting register.communitypass.net/summit or by calling 908-277-2932.