- Indoor track competed at the Group IV Relays in Toms River. The BoyIs 4x400 team finished in sixth place with a time of 3:32.94.
- Boys Basketball swept all three games played this week. They opened with a league cross over victory against Bloomfield Tech, toppled division opponent Newark Tech and concluded the week with a strong second half to best Kearny.
- Wrestling competed at the Essex County Championship at Codey Arena in West Orange. Jacob Febo was the highest placing Bengal with a 6th place in the 113 lb weight class.
The Cheerleading squad continues to perform well during the competitive portion of their season. The girls participated in the
- Cedar Grove Invitational- scoring well in all categories, especially tumbling.
- Coach Phil Rapavi’s keglers continue to pace both the Boys and Girls Divisions of the Super Essex Conference. Boys swept Science Park. Jon Andruchowitz rolling a 698 series. The Girls swept Nutley. The second game was not decided until the final ball when Bear Julian closed out a one pin victory. Shannon Broadfoot leads the female bowlers with a 159 average.
Bengal Trivia – When did Girls Bowling last win a league title?
Last week’s answer- Swimming was first contested at BHS in 1933.
All schedules, results and directions are available at http://bhsbengals.com/
Information is also accessible via the district home page.
Follow Bengal Athletics on Twitter @bengalinfo
Photographs available for free courtesy of;
Jerry Simon at www.bengals-In-action.com
Click on My Photographs
Click on All My Photos
Click on BHS folder
Search BHS folders
Click on game
Start your week with the Bengals Athletic Update every week on TAPinto Bloomfield.