- Boys Basketball faced Barringer in a round of 16 match up in the ECT and won by a decisive score of 67-40. Junior Mike Ramos joined the 1000 point club for his career with a 29 point effort.
- Bowling added Essex County Championships for both the Boys and Girls to their already impressive resumes. The Boys County title is their first since the 2002-03 season while the Girls captured their first County Championship in school history. Shannon Braodfoot had the high series among all females, Bearenne Julian High Game. Both advanced to the County Individual Tournament with Julian placing in 4th. Three Boys advanced to the individuals; Bryan Fuscarino, Bruce Sprague and Egan Adler. Fuscarino placed 2nd.
- Girls Basketball advanced to the round of 16 in the Essex County Tournament with a 40-30 win at MSDA.
- Indoor Track competed at the State Sectional. Kaela Edwards defended her title in the 55-meter hurdles. Her time of 8.39 eclipsed her own school record. Other athletes advancing to the Group IV Championship Morgan Wyatt- 5th 55 meter dash, Mackenzie Prezume- 5th 400 meter, Girls 4 x400- 2nd place, La’Shan White 2nd place 400 meter, La’Shan White- 3rd place 55 meter hurdles, Boys 4 x400- 2nd place.
- Wrestling lost to North Bergen in the State Team Tournament. The Bengal grapplers bounced back with wins over Newark East Side, Glen Ridge and Rutherford.
- Cheerleading competed at the St. Anne’s Invitational in Fairlawn.
Bengal Trivia – When was the last time both Bengal Boys and Girls Bowling won League titles in the same year?
Last week’s answer- The nascent swimming team competes in a dual meet this week for the first time since what year? 1945.
All schedules, results and directions are available at http://bhsbengals.com/
Information is also accessible via the district home page.
Follow Bengal Athletics on Twitter @bengalinfo
Photographs available for free courtesy of;
Jerry Simon at www.bengals-In-action.com
Click on My Photographs
Click on All My Photos
Click on BHS folder
Search BHS folders
Click on game