- Indoor track competed at the Group IV Championships and two athletes advanced to the Meet of Champions. Kaela Edwards broke her own school record in the 55-meter hurdles finishing second. La’Shan White finished an impressive 5th in the 400-meter run outrunning his number 10 seed.
- Wrestling competed at the District 9 Championship. Two Bengals advanced to the Region Championship. Xavier Gulley finished in 2nd place at Heavyweight, Danel Felix earned a 3rd at 132 lbs. Although not advancing Freshman Zachary Andruchowitz had an impressive tournament placing 4th at 160 lbs.
- Boys Basketball defeated Eagle Academy and University High School, the latter a league game which raised the Bengals Liberty Division record to 8-4. The Boys gave a good effort against Newark East Side in the County Quarterfinals falling to the highly touted Red Raiders.
- Girls Basketball defeated the Mounties of Montclair and a day later traveled farther up Bloomfield Avenue to do battle with the Hillbillies of Verona. The Bengals succumbed in a taut overtime thriller.
- Cheerleading came in 2nd place at the Paramus Catholic Invitational.
Bengal Trivia – Prior to Mike Ramos who was the last Bengal boy to surpass the 1000-point mark as a Junior?
Last week’s answer- When was the last time both Bengal Boys and Girls Bowling won League titles in the same year? This year was the only time both girls and boys accomplished this feat.
All schedules, results and directions are available at http://bhsbengals.com/
Information is also accessible via the district home page.
Follow Bengal Athletics on Twitter @bengalinfo
Photographs available for free courtesy of;
Jerry Simon at www.bengals-In-action.com
Click on My Photographs
Click on All My Photos
Click on BHS folder
Search BHS folders
Click on game