- Bengal Bowling had a season for the ages as both Boys and Girls squads captured League Championships. The Boys were forced to sweep Nutley on the final day of competition to secure the crown. They finished with a record of 99-13. It is the Boys 3rd championship in a row. The Girls clinched their title a day earlier posting a final tally of 85-13. Jon Andruchowitz had the high game- 279 and high series-698 on the Boys side while Shannon Broadfoot swept the individual awards on the distaff side- high average, high game and high series. The Boys also competed in the NJSIAA Tournament finishing 4th in their section. Jon Andruchowitz advanced to the State individual finals.
- Swimming competed in their first dual meets since the reintroduction of this sport. They posted good times and proved to be very competitive against Newark East Side.
- Boys Basketball appears to be peaking at the right time posting wins over University, West Orange and Wayne Valley.
- Girls Basketball played extremely well in a loss to West Orange. They followed that up with a win over Science Park in the Essex County Tournament.
- Indoor Track had a number of good performances at the Ed Grant Invitational led by Kaela Edwards winning the hurdles.
- Wrestling continues their late season surge with wins over East Orange and Princeton. The latter in the annual Gray Cup in honor of Bengal great Danny Gray.
Bengal Trivia – When was the last time both Bengal Boys and Girls Bowling won League titles in the same year?
Last week’s answer- The nascent swimming team competes in a dual meet this week for the first time since what year? 1945.
All schedules, results and directions are available at http://bhsbengals.com/
Information is also accessible via the district home page.
Follow Bengal Athletics on Twitter @bengalinfo
Photographs available for free courtesy of;
Jerry Simon at www.bengals-In-action.com
Click on My Photographs
Click on All My Photos
Click on BHS folder
Search BHS folders
Click on game