MOUNT HOLLY, NJ – Want to help make Burlington County a better place to live and work? Are you interested in government? Do you have experience in areas like economic development, social services, education, transportation, veterans or youth services? Are you willing to devote time in service to your community?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions then the Burlington County Board of Chosen Freeholders may have a spot for you on one of several county boards, commissions and advisory committees that currently have open seats or upcoming vacancies.
“Government service is one of the most enriching and satisfying ways to help our communities, and we value all who volunteer their time and energy to help our county flourish and prosper,” said Burlington County Freeholder Director Felicia Hopson.
The county's Boards and Committees include:
- Agriculture Development Board
- Board of Education: Special Services School District and Institute of Technology School District
- Board of Social Services
- Burlington County Bridge Commission
- Children's Inter-Agency Coordinating Committee
- Community Development Advisory Committee
- Construction Board of Appeals
- Emergency Services Advisory Board
- Human Services Advisory Council
- Library Commission
- Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse
- Mental Health Board
- Minority and Equality Rights Task Force
- Office on Aging Advisory Council
- Pinelands Commission
- Planning Board
- Rowan College of Burlington County Board of Trustees
- Solid Waste Advisory Council
- Stormwater Management Committee
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Veterans Advisory Committee
- Women's Advisory Committee
- Workforce Development Board
- Youth Services Advisory Council
Information about the county’s various boards and committees, including their responsibilities and activities and their regular meeting dates is available on the county’s website at www.co.burlington.nj.us/199/Boards-Commissions
Residents interested in being considered should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com .