BRIDGEWATER, NJ - The Bridgewater Township Council has approved a resolution to allow the Bound Brook Cemetery to expand on to property located in Bridgewater, off Mountain Avenue.
The Presbyterian Church of Bound Brook has requested the approval for the expansion, and has also filed an application with the zoning board for site plan approval, which has not yet been granted.
According to the resolution, the church had received permission for this action in November 1998, but later withdrew its application.
With this new approval, the church has agreed to several requests from the township council with regard to the property as it files its application with the Bridgewater Township Board of Adjustment for site plan approval. They are:
- Notice of the application must be sent to Bridgewater Township property owners within 300 feet of the proposed expansion
- All burials must be in-ground
- There will be no stock piling of dirt in the Bridgewater section of the cemetery.
- Above ground structures are not permitted
- Grave stones will not exceed 4 feet, 6 inches in height.
- Grass will be moved as necessary.
- The cemetery portion in Bridgewater will remain property of the Bound Brook Presbyterian Church so long as the church exists.