BRIDGEWATER, NJ - The Bridgewater Township Council approved a resolution for a shared service agreement with Somerset County for additional roadwork throughout the town.
According to township administrator James Naples, this is a new service that allows the township to stretch the amount of road length they can improve throughout the year.
The costs of the shared service agreement is not to exceed $2.5 million, and it is built into the 2017 budget.
According to the resolution, the county will design, inspect, advertise for bids and enter into contracts for construction, and the township will pay jurisdictional costs for milling, resurfacing and re-striping of certain roads.
The roads to be repaired through the agreement are:
- Crim Road, from Mine Road to Washington Valley Road
- Foothill Road, from Merriwood Road to Route 22
- Milltown Road, from Old York Road to Route 202
- Milltown Road, from Route 202 to the railroad bridge
- Milltown Road, from the railroad bridge to Route 22
- Milltown Road, from Route 22 to Easton Turnpike
- North Shore Drive, from South Shore to South Shore
- South Shore Drive, from Evergreen Drive to Dogwood Drive
- Talamini Road, from Country Club Road to Glen Ridge Drive
- Talamini Road, from 450 feet west of Thruway Drive to Route 287.