BRIDGEWATER, NJ - A Bedminster woman was arrested Aug. 16 at 11:02 a.m. for simple assault and resisting arrest after she struck a police officer with her vehicle when he tried to stop her for a motor vehicle violation, according to a report from Bridgewater Township Police.
Erin T. Bolte, 43, was also arrested for disorderly conduct, and issued motor vehicle summonses for failure to keep right, failure to comply with an officer directing traffic and reckless driving.
According to police, during the stop, Bolte struck the officer with her vehicle and refused to listen to his orders to stop her vehicle.
Bolte was processed and released pending a court date.
Police made other arrests for DWI and more over the last few weeks.
- Michael Callanan, 78, of Ringoes, was arrested Sept. 3 at 2:31 p.m. for driving while intoxicated in the Somerset Shopping Center parking lot. According to police, during a welfare check, it was determined that he was under the influence of alcohol. He was issued motor vehicle summonses for DWI, refusal to submit to a breath test, reckless driving, revocation of drivers license for refusal to submit to a breath test and careless driving. Callanan was processed and released pending a court date.
- Jason McArthur, 42, of Livingston, was arrested Sept. 2 at 10:46 p.m. for driving while intoxicated, reckless driving and failure to maintain a lane after he was stopped for motor vehicle violations on Route 202/206 North.
- Vera Venkata P. Bavanari, 45, of Bridgewater, was arrested for driving while intoxicated after being involved in a motor vehicle crash on Route 22 West Sept. 1 at 11:12 p.m. Bavanari was issued summonses for reckless driving and failure to yield the right of way. Bavanari was processed and released pending a court date.
- Aaron B. Goodwin, 34, of Bridgewater, was arrested Sept. 4 at 11 p.m. on an outstanding warrant from Piscataway. Goodwin was arrested and turned over to the Piscataway Police Department.
- Kaitlyn Anne Thompson, 19, of Bridgewater, was arrested for possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana Sept. 9 at 9:49 a.m. She was also issued summonses for careless driving and possession of a controlled dangerous substance in a motor vehicle. Police said they detected the odor of burnt marijuana from the interior of Thompson's vehicle after she was involved in a motor vehicle accident on Promenade Bouelvard.
- Carter Aaron Amaral, 20, of Towaco, was arrested Aug. 29 at 3 p.m. for shoplifting after being found with Poke Man cards and electronics valued at $211 from Target, in the Bridgewater Promenade. He was processed and released pending a court appearance.