MONTGOMERY, NJ - A number of Bridgewater students have earned the chance to participate in the Somerset County Library System of New Jersey's Bee Spectacular County Spelling Bee, with a chance to attend the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Each of those participating were winners in their individual schools, and there are two from most of the schools because of a tie.
The bee will be held March 4 at Montgomery High School.
Participating in the bee will be:
- Adamsville Primary School, in Bridgewater - Shreyans Sarkar, grade 3; Sonika Sunkara, grade 3
- Bayberry School, in Watchung - Juliette Cheng, grade 4; Heather Li, grade 4
- Branchburg Central Middle School - Anil Kamdar, grade 8; Jason Seeley, grade 7
- Bridgewater-Raritan Middle School - Shreyan Das, grade 7; Sanjay Rao, grade 7
- Cedar Hill Preparatory School, in Somerset - Kathryn Lytkowski, grade 8; Megha Thomas, grade 8
- Crim Primary School, in Bridgewater - Aiden English, grade 3; Amalia Tsampalis, grade 3
- Eisenhower Intermediate School, in Bridgewater - Harshita Kalyanaraman, grade 5; Krish Singla, grade 5
- Franklin Middle School, in Somerset - Henry Banta, grade 8; Ria Desai, grade 7
- Green Brook Middle School - Danyal Aftab, grade 6; Anmol Bhatia, grade 5
- Hamilton Primary School, in Bridgewater - Alexander Rubin, grade 3; Ali Siddiqi, grade 3
- Hillside Intermediate School, in Bridgewater - Aarsha Shah, grade 6; Selina Zhu, grade 5
- Montgomery Lower Middle School, in Skillman - Pranax Chaturvedi, grade 5; Stefan Elez, grade 6; Jackson Smith, grade 5
- Montgomery Upper Middle School, in Skillman - Anshul Guha, grade 7; Fiona Pan, grade 8
- School of Saint Elizabeth, in Bernardsville - Anne Kaczynski, grade 5; William Krzastek, grade 5
- Thomas Edison Energysmart Charter School, in Somerset - Sarang Patki, grade 7; Alexandria Pierre, grade 5
- Valley View School, in Watchung - Mariam Contractor, grade 6; Abiram Gupta, grade 8
- Warren Middle School - Nicole Harris, grade 8; Andrew Shi, grade 7
- Woods Road Elementary School, in Hillsborough - Tristan Carrington, grade 4; Frederic Gordon, grade 3
The emcee for the county spelling bee will be Somerset County Freeholder Patrick Scaglione, and pronouncer will be SCLSNJ County Library Administrator Brian Auger.
Judges for the evening will be Somerset County Library Commissioner Corinee Fender as head judge; Somerset County Library Commissioner George Jarvis as dictionary judge; Somerset County LIbrary Commission Vice Chair Chris Corsini as rounds and records judge; and Somerset County LIbrary Commissioner Sherri Lynn as appeals judge.